5.7 Earthquake strikes California, Up to 50 aftershocks could be possible!

The United States Geological Survey reported that an earthquake reach a magnatude of 5.7 occurred last night, 5 miles south east of Ocotillo California. According to an article by Dana Points Times, it is possible that California could see as many as 50 aftershocks as a result of yesterdays 5.7. They also reported that more than 12,000 people felt the quake. You can see a map of the earthquake area by clicking here.
When I was younger I always wanted to live in California. Call it a young mans dream to watch the sun set behind some killer waves and way too much Point Break and movies like that, but these days you couldnt pay me to live there. Its beautiful and all that, but I prefer my drinks neither shaken nor stirred. The problem I have is that from what I understand there actually is a rather large fault line close to where I live and while mostly inactive, lately there have been news reports even here about quakes. they might be small enough that most people dont notice, but they are becoming more frequent.
Here's another bit of trivia from the United States Geological Survey. In the last 7 days, The United States has had 1251 earthquakes.
sources - danapointtimes.com and The United States Geological Survey