Beyonce Writes A Letter To Fans, Saying She Has 'Taken Risks' On Upcoming LP

'It's me, and I am so excited to share it with the world,' she says of November 18 album.

Beyoncé's third solo LP is just a month and a half from release, but aside from some teases promising collaborations with Justin Timberlake and producer Sean Garrett (Usher, Fergie), not much is known about the singer's still-untitled album, set to drop November 18.
Will the R&B fave debut a new sound? Will she invite other famous friends into the fold? Just what does the diva have in store for us anyway?
"My music will explain it all," Beyoncé wrote in a letter to fans, released Thursday (October 2) by her label, Columbia Records.
"I have worked on this album for close to one year. I have taken the time so I can create my sound. Something that says who I am at this stage in my life," she wrote. "I have poured my heart and soul into it. It is my baby. It is the most time I have spent on any project since my first records as a member of Destiny's Child when I was 15 years old."
Of course, a lot has changed for B in the dozen years since: fame, apparent marriage and, not least of all, a burgeoning film career that continues with the upcoming "Cadillac Records" and "Obsessed." If details on the album have been especially scarce, it's specifically because of all those diverging multitudes, not despite them, the singer wrote.
"I have recorded over 70 songs and have created a sound that reveals all of me. I am in a different place right now, and I wanted people to see the many sides of me," Beyoncé continued in the letter. "The music is upbeat for the dance, fun side, and it is reflective, passionate and serious for the personal side. I have taken risks here. I am not afraid. ... There is no label or tag on my sound. It's me, and I am so excited to share it with the world."
It was previously announced that two tracks from the album, "If I Were a Boy" and "Single Ladies," will be released in advance of the LP on October 7.