Rihanna 'Attack': Brown Says He's Saddened

Singer Chris Brown has issued a statement saying he is "sorry and saddened" over his reported assault on Rihanna.
Rihanna and Brown performing together in New York
But the statement does not confirm Rihanna was attacked, nor does it shed any light on the incident.
"Words cannot begin to express how sorry and saddened I am over what transpired," the 19-year-old said.
"I am seeking the counselling of my pastor, my mother and other loved ones, and I am committed, with God's help, to emerging a better person."
The alleged assault took place just after midnight on February 8 in Los Angeles.

Rihanna at recent awards bash in US
Police were called to the Hancock Park area after reports a couple had been fighting in a rented Lamborghini.
The woman - identified in reports as Rihanna - was taken to hospital for treatment to her injuries.
Brown, her boyfriend, gave himself in to police later that day and was released on $50,000 bail.
At some point, she will speak out. I hope she will stand up for women all over the world.Rihanna's concerned father Ronald Fenty
The couple were both due to perform at the Grammy Awards that evening but both cancelled.
Brown's statement went on: "Much of what has been speculated or reported on blogs and/or reported in the media is wrong.
"While I would like to be able to talk about this more, until the legal issues are resolved, this is all I can say."
He added: "I have not written any messages or made any posts to Facebook, on blogs or any place else. Those posts or writings under my name are frauds."

Sky Showbiz
Celebrity news & gossip, all the shots, and the frocks, from the girls in the know
Brown has not been charged but a court date has been set for March 5 if he is.
Rihanna, 20, has yet to speak about her injuries but her father Ronald Fenty has indicated she will issue a statement.
"At some point, she will speak out. I hope she will stand up for women all over the world," he is quoted as saying.
Rihanna, who won a Grammy in 2007 for her hit single Umbrella, is currently staying in her native Barbados.