The Meet & Greet: ‘Make It or Break It Star’ Ayla Kell

More Meet & Greets!
The Celebuzz Meet & Greet
Discover the stars of tomorrow! Read More »
Welcome back to Celebuzz’s Meet & Greet, where we sit down and chat with rising young stars of film, television and music before they hit the big time. Watch out for these future A-listers!
Make it or Break It star Ayla Kell has been “one to watch” for a while. The Indiana native, who was a devoted ballerina in her free time, moved to Hollywood after high school and landed a lead part on the hit show.
Make It or Break It’s two hour season finale airs tonight on ABC Family and here are some things to get to know straight from one of it’s stars.

What makes the show special to you? Why should people tune in who haven’t?
I like to think that the gymnastics is why people will initially tune in, and then the drama and the characters are why they will keep watching. It’s about four Olympic hopefuls and the trials and tribulations they go through with their families during this quest to when a gold medal.
Tell readers about your character:
I play Payson Keeler who is ultra focused ultra driven and has blinders on except for everything about gymnastics. In the first season she had no other way to definer herself except ‘I’m a gymnast.’ This season I think she’s learning more about herself without it. She’s just learning to be confident about herself.
Are there aspects to Payson that you can relate to?
Absolutely I danced professionally so it’s easy for me to relate to that. There are times when dance runs your life. I missed dances, stuff like that. I understand that relationship.
What’s your favorite thing about working on this show
We all get along really well, it’s fun. In scenes when we’re in the gym just talking, we would be doing that anyways. I think it’s so odd, when people first thought of a show with four lead girls they thought it would be dramatic on set but its quite the opposite.
Have you started filming the next season or are you on a break?
We find out soon hopefully if we get picked up for another season. Right now I’m being lazy and boring at home.
What do you do when you are lazy and boring?
Usually and boring usually involves cleaning and baking. It sometimes does end in bon-bons although I try to stay away from that stuff.
Any fun summer plans while you’re off?
I don’t have anything yet, I want to spend a lot of time at the beach. Maybe go to Katalina for a bit.