Gene Simmons proposes to Shannon Tweed on finale of reality show (Video)

Gene Simmons and Shannon Tweed talk to OnTheRedCarpet.com in March 2010. - Provided courtesy of OTRC

Gene Simmons has finally proposed to longtime girlfriend Shannon Tweed, although it is unclear if she agreed to marry him.
The 61-year-old KISS rocker's proposal, which took place in Belize, is seen on the season 6 finale of the pair's A&E reality show "Gene Simmons Family Jewels," which aired on Tuesday, July 26 at 10 p.m. ET.
The episode, which is called "Belize It Or Not," was taped several months ago, People magazine reported on Tuesday. Simmons and Tweed, a 54-year-old former Playboy Playmate and actress, have been together for at least 28 years and have two children - Nick, 22, and Sophie, 18.
"I come with so much baggage," Simmons tells Tweed on a pier as ocean waves crash, as seen in a sneak peek video posted on Today.com (see below). "But you're the only friend I've got. you're the only one I've ever loved. you're the only one I love and you're the only one I will love. I've never said those words to anybody."
He then gets down on one knee and asks her to marry him. Tweed is seen putting her hand on her mouth and weeping. But her answer was not shown.
Some fans were far from amused.
"Got an 8wk old baby and i stayed up late to watch #genesimmons propose to @shannonleetweed and it didn't even show her answer! rubbish! lol." Twitter user atomikmomma said.
Tweed posted Twitter messages about the episode as it aired first on the East Coast.
"I love you all!!! See you in the fall!!!!" Tweed Tweeted after the show ended, later adding: "Trust me. It was the hardest decision I ever had to make. My whole life flashed before my eyes. Did you see how long I stood there? Mind racing.."
People reported on Tuesday that Tweed told the magazine in a recent interview that she had moved out of the family's home and that there was a "slim chance" of her reconciling with Simmons.
Tweed said on the season premiere of "Gene Simmons Family Jewels," which aired in June, that she was tired of Simmons' "wandering eye." The rocker has famously claimed to have bedded some 5,000 women.
The two bickered during an interview with Joy Behar on her HLN show that month and Tweed was seen storming out.
Also during the finale, Simmons is seen talking to his and Tweed's daughter, Sophie, about his upcoming proposal.
"I've known your mom a while," he says. "We've dated for 28 years. I'm an idiot. I thought maybe it's time she made an honest man out of me. I'm going to ask your mom to marry me. Is that okay with you? Can I marry your mom?"
His daughter replies: "I'm so proud of you."
Check out videos of Gene Simmons' marriage proposal to Shannon Tweed as well as his conversation with their daughter below.