No Basketball Anymore? Never Ballin' Again?


I guess one of those could be the new definition of the NBA is after the two sides seem very far apart on a new collective bargaining agreement. It makes me sick that these two sides can't figure it out and get their butts on the court. The NHL tried this a few years ago and wound up on a deserted island known as the Versus network! The NBA is, or should I say was, at the top of their game unlike the NHL was at the time of their canceled season, but it still is something that makes fans turn away. We don't care who are the millionaires and who are the billionaires, we care about who is on TV when we get home from a hard day's work. I am not taking sides in this battle at all. I think both sides are at fault here, but the more I see David Stern talk the more I am growing to hate him. Is there a more condescending person in interviews? The way he talks about the players makes me think he doesn't respect them at all and let's call it like it is, we watch for the players and that's it! They are the ones who have made the NBA so popular, not Daniel Gilbert or Jerry Buss. There are plenty of replacement owners out there, but there is no substitute for the quality of play of NBA players.
I feel bad for the fans, especially the ones who shell out the thousands of dollars every year to support their teams. They are the ones who are being affected the most. Sure they will have some extra spending cash, but to have that game to look forward to means a lot to most of these people and they would gladly pay the money just to see their guys play.
Finally I feel bad for the Phoenix Suns fans...oh wait maybe I feel glad for the Phoenix Suns fans. I say that kiddingly as the Suns are one of the old teams in the league that will feel this the most if the season is indeed lost. Is this the last year for Steve Nash, what will Grant Hill do? These are questions we will have to deal with if the two sides don't pull their heads out of their backsides soon. Most experts say this thing has to get done in the next 48 hours in order for their to be a season. I don't see that happening. I hope am I wrong!