JoJo - Not Innocent Anymore


Singer/actress JoJo is a little upset by the comments people are saying, calling her a hasbeen.

A hasbeen at 17? Ouch!

Well, JoJo's fighting back - the singer just posted the following message on her official blog.

She says:

"

Untitled update 8.8.08
Current mood: determined

HelllooooO!

Just wanted to check in and write to you a little bit… I hope everyone is having a great summer and makig the most of it! My Lifetime movie "True Confessions of a Hollywood Starlet" comes on tomarrow (Saturday) at 9 pm EST so be sure to check it out! Right now I'm in Atlanta, Georgia right now putting the finishing touches on my album. I am so happy with how its turning out, and so thrilled to have been able to work with the producers and collaborators that I have. Ive never felt more enthusiastic about a project, and I feel like this speaks to where I am in my life as well as lyrically and musically. Its been such an enjoyable process to assemble this record, and I am anxious for you to hear it and see what you think. :)

But i've got to be a little vulnerable for a minute…. im a bit frustrated! I'm 17 years old, and I feel that people have tried to dismiss me in the industry or have the sense of "Why hasnt she been doing anything? She must be dead". This is pretty sucky! When people havent heard music from you in quite some time, its understandable that they may want to dismiss you as being "done", and its hard because folks dont get to see what goes on behind the scenes for months, sometimes years to put things together, etc. Im about to be a senior in high school, im dedicated to my education as well as my career so it gets difficult to juggle sometimes, but i feel that anything thats worth it takes work. Bottom line, just because Im not in the spotlight does not mean that ive retired (lol). Im so young, and music is my everything. I view my career as a marathon, not a sprint. And i try to do things based on the long term plan, not for financially motivated reasons. Have I made mistakes? Absolutely. Will I make more? Sure! But will I learn along the way, channel it into my music, chalk it up to experience, and come out stronger from it? You betta believe it ;) !
I just want to thank you for sticking by me, waiting it out with me, and growing up with me. Its amazing that I put my first single out when I was 13 and now im just finishing up my third album and Im not even 18 yet! Ive seen so much in a short span of time, and learned to much. Its a blessing, and I promise to not forget it. I vow to put my all into everything that I do and to always represent what I believe in to the fullest. I cant wait for you to read/hear the lyrics to the title track "All I Want is Everything" because it really represents how I feel at this point in my life. I wrote it out of hope, excitement, frustration, and based on my dreams. I think everyone will be able to relate to the feeling. :) Im anxious for you to see and hear what Ive been working on.

Stay up and know that Impossible = 0.

x's and o's