Arsene Wenger tells Cesc Fabregas to focus on World Cup

Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas at a press conference with the Spain
 World Cup squad
Fabregas made his first-team debut for Arsenal as a 16-year-old

Cesc Fabregas says an inspiring talk with Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has allowed him to focus on the World Cup and not a possible move to Barcelona.
The Arsenal captain said: "It was probably the greatest conversation I have had with someone in my life.
"I respect him so much. He told me to concentrate on my football and the World Cup and he will deal with whatever happens in my future."
Last week Barca contacted Arsenal with a view to signing the 23-year-old.
Arsenal, however, said they had not had an official approach from the Catalan club.
606: DEBATE
Fabregas, who is currently with Spain's World Cup squad, signed an eight-year contract with the Gunners in 2006 and has been quoted as saying he would join Barcelona if he left the Emirates.
After his chat with Wenger, he added: "It's not up to me any more. It's just now about Arsenal and whoever it has to be and that's it. I don't want to say anything else.
"I just want to be focused for the World Cup because it's the most important thing. The rest, the future, I'm not interested in the future.
"The only important thing is to form part of this team and play in the World Cup.
"When I play it's always to win and help my team-mates. I will give everything to help Spain be champions."
Joan Laporta's reign as the Catalan club's president comes to an end this summer, and two of his potential successors, Sandro Rosell and Alfons Godall, have mentioned signing Fabregas as part of their election campaign.
The midfielder played alongside current Barca favourite Lionel Messi in the youth team at the Nou Camp before moving to north London seven years ago.
Barcelona have already recruited Spain striker David Villa from Valencia for £34m, a deal which went through on Friday, and they would love Fabregas to become their next big recruit.