Tiger Woods' Golf Coach Quits Via Text Message

Tiger Woods' luck just isn't getting any better. First, he didn't make the cut at the Quail Hollow Championship  in Charlotte, N.C.--only the sixth time in his career he's missed a tournament cut. Then, less than two weeks later, he was forced to bail out of the Players Championship due to a neck injury.

And then to add insult to injury (literally,) PEOPLE reported Woods' swing coach Hank Haney abruptly resigned yesterday via text message.
Haney didn't give a specific reason for his departure. But the golf coach did release a statement to The Golf Channel according to Golf.com. "I believe at this time that it is in both of our best interests for me to step aside as Tiger's coach. I will always look back upon our past half dozen years together as my best days in professional golf," he said.

In addition to releasing a statement, Haney also chatted with KTCK-AM sports radio in Dallas this morning about his resignation. "I texted him last night [that I was leaving], and he texted me back. We went back and forth for a while, but he had his kids last night and couldn't talk. We are going to talk later today," Haney said. No word on how that conversation went.

There's also been no official word recently on whether Woods and his wife Elin Nordegren are still trying to work things out or if they're moving forward with divorce.