Lady Gaga says drugs inspired her


Gaga_223 Lady Gaga, who has admitted to doing cocaine in the past, has reportedly said that using drugs inspired her and helped her figure out "the art I wanted to make".
"Some people find inspiration in dark places," MTV UK quoted the 24-year-old pop singer as saying in a printed interview in the British music magazine Q. "I guess I'm one of them. What always made me different is that if I was doing drugs I was also making music. I wasn't just doing drugs."
She said most of her drug use occurred years ago, when she used to perform sexually-explicit performance art wearing handmade leather and leopard bikinis, adding: "My mom was like, 'You've lost your mind.' I was doing drugs. I was really out of control. But I never got so far into it that I overdosed or anything." Lady Gaga says she does not need drugs and does not use them every night. The singer, who has been candid about using cocaine in the past, told Vanity Fair magazine in an interview published earlier this month: "I won't lie; it's occasional. And when I say occasional, I mean maybe a couple of times a year."
She also told Vanity Fair she does not want her fans to do drugs, saying: "I don't want my fans to think they have to be that way to be great. It’s in the past. It was a low point, and it led to disaster."
She says she overcame a drug problem by going to stay with her family, rather than enter a rehabilitation center, as many celebrities have done.
Lady Gaga, whose real name is Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta, is known for her eclectic and often revealing outfits and sexually-charged performances. The singer, who has released hits such as "Bad Romance" and "Poker Face", is said to use her stage name in most situations and the UK newspaper The Sunday Times quoted her as saying in 2008: "When I make love, they say Gaga."
On August 21, Lady Gaga defeated Britney Spears to become the top Twitter user with the most followers. She has more than 5.8 million fans tuned in to her every Tweet.
In June, Lady Gaga was named by Forbes to be the fourth most powerful celebrity based on her earnings, media and social rank over the past year. The singer made more than $62 million dollars, appearing on the list after director James Cameron, Beyonce Knowles and Oprah Winfrey.