Woods' Ex Breaks Her Silence On Marriage


Tiger Woods' ex-wife Elin Nordegren has spoken for the first time about their failed marriage, saying: "I've been through hell".
She said she knew nothing about the golf star's string of extra-marital affairs, claiming she was "blindsided" and "embarrassed" by them.
The former nanny, 30, added she felt "shock and disbelief" when she found out.
Ms Nordegren, a model from Sweden, told People Magazine: "I never suspected.
"For the last three-and-a-half years, when all this was going on, I was home a lot more with pregnancies, then the children and my school."
She added: "I felt stupid as more things were revealed. How could I not have known anything?
"The word betrayal isn't strong enough. I felt like my whole world had fallen apart."

Tiger Woods with Elin Nordegren and children Sam and Charlie
The Woods family in happier times
Her comments come just days after the couple's divorce was finalised.
Woods admitted that his mistakes doomed the marriage and left him and Elin "sad" as they tried to help their children cope with life after the split.

"My actions certainly led us to this decision," Woods said. "I made a lot of errors in my life. That's something I'm going to have to live with."

Asked if he felt relief now that the divorce was complete, Woods said: "I don't think that's the word. I think it's more sadness."
There has been speculation Elin accepted less money in the divorce settlement so she would be able to speak out about the marriage and not be gagged.

Tiger Woods' ex-wife Elin Nordegren gave interview to People 
magazine
Elin Nordegren gave her interview to People magazine
Ms Nordegren, who is studying for a degree in psychology, told People magazine that the stress from the scandal had cause her sleeplessness and weight loss.
Just before the divorce came through this week, she claimed she began to lose her hair.
She said: "I have been through the stages of disbelief and shock, to anger and ultimately grief over the loss of the family I so badly wanted for my children."
Woods, 34, and Nordegren had issued a joint statement on Monday saying that they were ending their "irretrievably broken" six-year marriage.
They wished each other the best and promised to work together for their children's happiness.

Divorce statement of Tiger Woods and Elin Nordegren
The divorce confirmation was posted on Woods' website
In the interview with People, the model said she was truly devoted to her husband and had hoped they would have a happily-ever-after life together.
"I loved him. We had so much fun, and I felt safe with him," she said.
Ms Nordegren claimed she and Woods tried for months to make up, but in the end she said a marriage "without trust or love" was not good for anyone.
In November last year, Woods drove his SUV over a fire hydrant and into a tree, leading to the revelations that he had been cheating on his wife through a number of affairs.
Ms Nordegren claimed she never hit Woods, calling speculation that she attacked him with a golf club "truly ridiculous".
She said despite her husband's betrayal "I also feel stronger than I ever have. I have confidence in my beliefs, my decisions and myself".
The couple got married in October 2004 in Barbados and have a three-year-old daughter, Sam, and a 19-month-old son, Charlie.
Ms Nordegren added: "My immediate plan is for the kids and me to continue to adjust to our new situation. I am going to keep taking classes, but my main focus is to try to give myself time to heal."