Lauryn Hill is Making a Long-Awaited Comeback

Lauryn Hill, a five-time Grammy winner, is planning on breaking back into the hip hop and R&B scene with her newly released song “Repercussions.” It debuted on the Billboard Hot 100 Chart at #94 last week.
The mother of five children, the youngest of which is two, says that she feels comfortable being away from her family to be able to get back to her career. She had the children with longtime partner Rohan Marley, one of famous reggae artist Bob Marley’s sons.
Of her two-year-old daughter, Hill said, “she’s old enough that I can leave her for a period of time and know she’s going to be OK. That’s one reason I’m starting to perform again.”
Commenting on her decision to get back to music, she added, “And I think it’s just time. I’m started to get excited again.”
Hill has been out of the public eye since 2008 when she left due to personal reasons. She had said, “The support system that I needed was not necessarily in place. There were things about myself, personal-growth things, that I had to go through in order to feel like it was worth it.”
She hasn’t released a solo album since 1998, “The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill,” which won Album of the Year.