Bob Barker says he’s ‘bounced back’ after health scare at shooting range

Bob Barker attends The Los Angeles Times Festival of Books at The University of California Los Angeles Saturday, April 25, 2009, in Los Angeles, Calif. (AP Photo/Katy Winn) Former The Price is Right host Bob Barker tells Access Hollywood that he’s just fine after experiencing after fainting at a Los Angeles area shooting range.
“My healthy young body has bounced back,” the 86-year-old said. “It’s no big deal and I’m in top notch condition again.”
Barker fainted on Thursday while shooting at a gun range and attributes the bad health spell to hypertension and dehydration. “Not enough water and it was awfully hot and I have a little hypertension.” Barker said. “I take medicine for it and I was possibly taking too much and got my blood pressure too low.”
This incident follows a few health problems for the television legend. In May 2002 Barker suffered a mild stroke and had surgery to remove an enlarged prostate six weeks later.
Barker, a longtime animal rights activist, retired from hosting The Price is Right after 35 years in June 2007.