Jay-Z Ready To Make Another Sports Investment...in British Soccer Club

Photo
More photos » Larry Busacca - Getty Images
Jay-Z remains a minority investor and more importantly an active presence in the Nets.  He and Mikhail Prokhorov worked out the Blueprint from Greatness, you may recall.  But word out of London is that he's not satisfied with the NBA alone. He wants a piece of Arsenal, London's legendary soccer club.
In an interview this weekend, Jay made it clear: "We would have to spend much more time in London. Bey knows how much I love sports and has known about my interest in Arsenal for a while. I never want to be a back-seat investor. I want to be on the board, involved in the decision-making… I’m at the stage of my career where I am ready for another investment like this."
That's interesting on a number of levels. For one, Jay is laying out what he wants as a Nets investor.  Here's another: the principal owner of Arsenal is Stan Kroenke, who's transferring ownership of the Denver Nuggets to his son, Josh.
Jay-Z Really Does Want To Invest In Arsenal -