HOT CELEBRITY GOSSIP

James Franco: 'I'm not gay'

"Spider-man" villain James Franco has taken to the pages of one of the world's leading gay magazines to end speculation about his sexuality.
The actor, who played gay activist Scott Smith in "Milk," tells The Advocate he's not gay, despite reports to the contrary, in a revealing new article.
He tells the publication, "Some people think I'm gay because I've played these gay roles... but it's not true... I'm not gay.
"I'd tell you if I was. I guess the reason I wouldn't is because I'd be worried that it would hurt my career. I suppose that's the reason one wouldn't do that... But no, that wouldn't be something that would deter me. I'm going to do projects that I want to do."
Franco is also keen to clear up rumors suggesting he's "a stoner" - thanks to his drug-seller role in "Pineapple Express."
He adds, "Everyone thinks I'm a stoner... (but) I don't smoke pot."

Angelina Jolie: 'I don't have a lot of friends'

Angelina Jolie depends on partner Brad Pitt - because she doesn't have any true friends she can confide in.
The "Tomb Raider" actress is currently in Pakistan to visit victims of the recent devastating floods as part of her role as a United Nations Goodwill Ambassador.
She admits life can be lonely away from Pitt and their six children while she's carrying out her humanitarian projects, and she's confessed her lack of close pals is also a burden.
She tells CNN, "I'll talk to my family. I talk to Brad; he wants to know as much as he can about these issues and every trip. He's been here as well; he came with me after the earthquake. But I don't know, I don't have a lot of friends I talk to. He is really the only person I talk to."
But the Hollywood star takes time to ensure her kids understand her campaigns: "I tell my children why I'm going and I explain to them why I was packing flashlights and food. They help me pack some things. My children are from a lot of these countries, so I want them to understand what's happening in Africa, the boys to understand what's happening if there's something current in their countries, and for all of them to know about each other's countries as well."

Michelle Williams and Ryan Gosling cozy up for cover shoot

Michelle Williams and Ryan Gosling have done little to persuade fans they are not a couple - the pair have posed seductively together for a new magazine cover.
In May "The Notebook" actor's representative was forced to deny rumors the pair had hooked up on the set of their new movie "Blue Valentine."
But the stars have now fueled speculation they are more than just friends after posing for a series of cozy snaps for the October edition of W magazine.
On the cover, Gosling is cradling Williams while kissing her forehead. In another, the duo look into each others eyes while seemingly going in for a kiss. To see photos, click here.

Kat Von D's rep: 'Pregnancy rumors are absurd'

A representative for Kat Von D has shot down reports the celebrity tattoo artist is pregnant with new boyfriend Jesse James' baby.
The inked-up pair went public with their new romance last week, attending the opening of Von D's Wonderland gallery in Hollywood hand in hand and cooing about the union.
Von D, who split from rocker Nikki Sixx earlier this summer, confessed she was already "in love" with James after just weeks of dating.
Their red carpet appearance came under much scrutiny after Von D displayed a bulging stomach in her skin-tight dress - prompting speculation about a pregnancy, but Von D's spokesperson has laughed off the baby rumors.
The rep tells People.com, "They've only been dating for a few weeks. She is not pregnant. That's absolutely absurd."

Axl Rose's tour rider revealed

Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose demands his dressing room is all black, stocked with alcohol and decorated with dozens of red and white roses, according to his tour rider.
The "Sweet Child o' Mine" hitmaker - who was booed off stage for showing up late to the band's last concert in Dublin this month - has a list of 41 demands that must be met before he performs.
A tour rider obtained by MetalHammer.co.uk reveals the top demand is a dressing room "decorated with fresh roses 18 of red and white each."
The area must also include dark shades and even black napkins, and be furnished with a bed, sofa, coffee table, six lamps and a rug.
Rose also asks for Champagne, red wine, vodka, tequila, three brands of beer and various mixers, in addition to 18 glasses for wine and Champagne, another 15 for stiff drinks, 40 paper cups, a blender and a juice maker.
But the hitmaker isn't on a strictly liquid diet before he performs - he requests "roast chicken, two portions of medium rare filet mignon, Caesar salad, four cheeseburgers and a spinach salad" for dinner, in addition to vegetables, fruit and "two bear-shaped tubes of honey."

Chris Brown's mother apologizes for Michael Jackson comment

Chris Brown's manager mother has issued a public apology to outraged fans of his musical hero Michael Jackson, for tweeting an insensitive comment about the King of Pop's death.
Brown has often credited Jackson as an influence, and suffered a breakdown while performing his hit "Man in the Mirror" at the BET Awards in June.
But the singer's mom Joyce Hawkins sparked a storm of criticism on Wednesday, when she logged on to Twitter, and wrote, "Michael Jackson died so that Chris Brown could live!!!"
The comment has since been taken down, but not before Hawkins was inundated with a flurry of angry online messages.
The outrage prompted Hawkins to release a statement to USA Today on Thursday to clarify her message: "I'm so sorry that the tweet I sent yesterday was misunderstood. What I meant to say is that Chris has always been inspired by Michael Jackson's music and his career."
She later logged on to Twitter, issuing an apology to her followers: "I'm sorry I offended anyone. The statement meant Chris would carry on Michaels (sic) legacy."

Hulk Hogan ready to wed after leaving hospital

Hulk Hogan has announced plans to marry his girlfriend following his release from the hospital on Thursday.
The celebrity wrestler has been battling "excruciating back pain" after injuring himself while picking seashells last weekend and he checked into a medical center in Florida on Monday.
Upon his discharge, Hogan insisted his hospital stay had given him a new lease of life and he told reporters the news that he's ready to wed his fiancee, Jennifer.
He told TMZ.com, "Now that I've had a close encounter with the other side, I'm going to move this wedding up. I want to get married to Jennifer right away. It's true.
"I was so far on the other side with all that negative energy... I'm all the way back to the good side. (I want to get) married immediately."

Kelsey Grammer launches right-wing TV network

Kelsey Grammer has launched his new politically-fueled TV network.
The actor is an investor and public face supporting RightNetwork, which launched on Wednesday.
The programming is designed to appeal to political conservatives.
The right-wing former "Frasier" star insists he's keen to use the network to boost the reputation of Republicans, like himself.
He says, "There's plenty of room for us."
RightNetwork bosses will initially make programming available through video-on-demand services, online and mobile phones.

Halle Berry fuels Olivier Martinez rumors

Actress Halle Berry has fueled rumors she's dating her "Dark Tide" co-star Olivier Martinez - the pair was photographed hitting the streets of London hand-in-hand.
The Oscar-winner has plunged herself into working on the movie - alongside Kylie Minogue's former lover Martinez - to get over her split from the father of her child, Gabriel Aubry, in April.
Reports circulated earlier this week that she is now romancing the French actor after the pair was spotted enjoying an intimate dinner in Paris, France on Sunday.
Now Berry has furthered speculation by taking a romantic stroll with Martinez in London on Thursday while clutching his hand.
A source tells Britain's Daily Mirror, "It's early days but they are very keen on each other."

Vogue boss denies Naomi Campbell bust-up

The editor of Vogue magazine has denied Naomi Campbell was difficult and demanding at New York's Fashion's Night Out event on Tuesday.
Rumors suggested magazine boss Anna Wintour approached the British beauty to be the star turn on the pre-New York Fashion Week party's catwalk, but was met with a string of demands from Campbell's team.
According to online reports, the notoriously fiery star insisted she would only appear on the runway in exchange for a future cover of the fashion bible. She eventually closed the show at the Big Apple's Lincoln Center.
But Wintour has dismissed speculation of a falling-out, insisting Campbell's involvement went off without a hitch.
In a statement to New York Post gossip column PageSix, she says, "Naomi was on time, professional and a joy to work with."
A representative for the beauty adds, "Everything went as planned."

Katherine Heigl hated husband's horrid haircut

Katherine Heigl bullied her husband to change his hairdo - because his fashionable style turned her off.
The "Knocked Up" actress was left stunned by her rocker husband Josh Kelley's new look when he came back from the salon, and demanded a change.
After Kelley stood his ground, Heigl admits her attraction towards him started to wane - because she couldn't find him sexy with his trendy style.
She tells Britain's Cosmopolitan, "I gave Josh a hard time recently because he had this haircut I really didn't like. I told him, 'It's not you. You're really sexy, you're a manly man and this is sort of metro haircut and I don't like it.' He just wouldn't listen to me and I think it was changing how I looked at him - I stopped feeling he was that sexy. So he eventually agreed to have it changed and I was all over him. I was like, 'You are so hot!' I think it's better to be honest."

Carrie Underwood: 'Marriage is like dating'

Carrie Underwood insists married life is "a lot like dating" because she has such a busy schedule she barely gets to see new husband Mike Fisher.
The country star exchanged vows with the ice hockey player in front of 250 close friends and family at a lavish ceremony in Georgia on July 10.
Two months in to the marriage, Underwood is still excited about their relationship - but admits they have to juggle their hectic schedules to make time for each other.
She tells Women's Health, "Sometimes our schedules will click, sometimes they won't. But that's good because we're both independent. I love going to games, cheering for my man."

Kate Moss cleans up her act

Supermodel Kate Moss has put her partying days firmly behind her - she has quit her "many vices" just five years after she was caught up in a cocaine scandal.
The British beauty was at the center of a storm in 2005 when she was pictured apparently snorting drugs at a recording studio during her high-profile romance with hellraising rocker Pete Doherty.
Experts predicted the scandal would finish her career, but Moss bounced back and remains one of the most sought-after catwalk queens - and now she's revealed she's turned her back on her wild past.
According to the Daily Mail, the model, who is currently dating The Kills star Jamie Hince, said in an interview with an Italian magazine, "I have decided to change my lifestyle. Too many vices. Too much alcohol. It's about time I got myself in order because I'm no longer a little girl. So it's early to bed and early to rise."