Thierry Henry craves future role at Arsenal


Thierry Henry
Henry won the Premier League twice and the FA Cup three times at Arsenal
Thierry Henry has revealed he wants to return to Arsenal after his playing career comes to an end.
The 32-year-old striker, a darling of the Gunners' faithful during his eight years at the club, left Barcelona this week for New York Red Bulls.
But after he hangs up his boots the Frenchman is determined to work for the north Londoners again in some capacity.
"When I retire, I don't know how, I want to come back to Arsenal," he told BBC Radio 5 live's Sportsweek.
"I have just come to New York to play and to compete and win another title," added Henry, who left Arsenal in 2007 for Barcelona.
"After everything is done then I will think about it. But whatever it is, I want to come back to Arsenal - maybe as a water boy - I just love this club."
606: DEBATE
Henry, who is Arsenal's all-time record goalscorer with 226 goals, also admitted he would like Gunners captain Cesc Fabregas to stay at the Emirates despite temptations to join Barcelona.
The Catalan club have been courting the 23-year-old Spanish World Cup winner, who joined Arsenal from the Nou Camp as a teenager.
"It is hard because the guy is from Barcelona. I wouldn't like to be in his shoes, that's all I can say," stated Henry.
"I wouldn't like to be in his position because he is from there and he loves Arsenal.
"I don't know what to say about this, because I don't want to talk for him, but as an Arsenal fan, for me, I want him to stay, but I would also understand if he goes back home."